Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The weight that made me...

The weight that made me in the past came from simple carbs and tons of sugar! 
The weight that made me in the last 19 months is from...


...my Bowflex dumbbells and ankle weights, of course!  
For those of you who think that your only choice is to join a gym and use only machines, think again.  These dumbbells have been fantastic for me.  I use them to sculpt many different areas of my body.  I followed the Bowflex DVD that came with them and the results have been amazing.  I did recently add a few new pieces of equipment to my gym area (empty basement) like a leg press, knee raise tower, and a roman chair.
There are a few machines that I would definitely benefit from at the gym, but I'm very strange about working out in front of other people and I'm sort of a germ-aphobe!  It's not a social event for me, so I like to get down to business and get my workout done which is easier for me at home.  (Plus, I yell at myself during cardio and sound like a crazy person!)  Having said that, I do like nice gyms!  On a recent trip to Vegas, I had the chance to work out at a great gym at the JW Marriott.  I would love to work out there every day!  Hmm...
No matter where you work out, take advantage of every piece of equipment that you can.  
If you just have dumbbells and ankle weights, they can make a huge difference in your physique depending on how you use them.
Make it work!    




No comments:

Post a Comment