Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fat = Cheap!


Let’s face it…it’s cheap to be fat!  I can pick up a box or bag of anything at the grocery store for only 99 cents like:  a box of caramel popcorn, a bag of cheese curls, cookies, orange slices, etc.  Actually, I don’t even have to get out of my car to get something for 99 cents at drive-thrus like:  burritos, burger/fry specials, roast beef sandwiches, chocolate shakes, etc.  I admit that I fell into that trap for a while.  It’s instant gratification because it tastes good and you don’t spend a lot, right?

Well, I’m always up for a good sale, but not when it comes to what I’m putting into my body.  I noticed that Wal-Mart’s tagline is Save money-Live better.  Does that mean healthier?  Have you seen people at Wal-Mart?  I have to take time, plan, and work hard at my food preparation and eating plan.  I often find myself shopping more often because of the fresh fruits and vegetables, but it’s not that big of an issue.  In the beginning, it seemed like I was spending more, but I’m actually spending around the same amount for healthy food.  (I guess I was buying a lot more snacks and junk than I realized!) 

As Tim McGraw says in a song, “Another supper from a sack, a 99 cent heart attack”...  Yes, you can save money when you buy that fast food meal or cheap snack, but how much will it cost you in the long run?  Could it cost you your health and cheat you out of a part of your life?  Would you give 99 cents to have your good health and live without fat?  

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!!! Why cut your life short by eating food your body doesn't recognize and doesn't give you energy. Eating REAL food is much more emotionally pleasing and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, you are right on the money with this one. Glad to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I emailed it to my boyfriend right away who mildy gets annoyed with how im having 2 chicken breast a day plus fish because its pricey. A perfect article to explain the importance of healthy eating and how its not "wasting money"

    ReplyDelete