Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Giving Up & Getting!

Before I started my journey to become fit and healthy, my pantry was stocked with all kinds of 100-calorie packs of chips and snacks.  I thought that was my answer to snacking; just cut down on what I was already eating to one little bag.  We know how that works!  You eat an extra one here and there and go buy more.  My freezer was jammed with frozen boxes of diet meals and, of course, I always had my stash of candy!
I never could figure out why I wasn’t losing any weight…duh!
I became educated on PROPER nutrition from reading The Eat Clean Diet book.  Giving up sugar/candy was the first thing.  That truly was one of the hardest things that I have ever done!  The second thing was getting rid of those frozen boxes of sodium and actually cooking my own healthy meals with real protein, fresh vegetables, and complex carbohydrates.  The third thing is not buying any more 100-calorie packs of anything!  Am I that stupid that I can’t read labels and figure out a serving size?  There is no snacking any more.  I don’t even use the word snack.  If it’s not “fuel” for my body, then I don’t need it. 
What do you GET when you give up?...a healthy body and the experience of having no more cravings to eat junk.  I love my body now.  I have NEVER thought that before!  Since I’m so proud of what I have accomplished, that feeling overrides the taste of candy or a snack. 
Combine giving up with a great workout routine, and you’re guaranteed to get 100% MORE than you gave up.  Experience it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment