Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

No Tops Allowed!

I’m talkin'...muffin tops!  Thanks to low-rise pants, muffin tops had their coming out parties a few years ago and they’re everywhere.  Personally, I tried to hide any extra pooch or spillover in the past with jackets and loose clothing.  Now I don’t have to hide anything around my middle because instead of the lard, it’s rock hard…my abs!
I never thought that I would be able to see myself with defined abs, but after I experienced fantastic results on other parts of my body through eating clean and weight training, I began working specifically on my mid-section.  It’s not something that happens overnight, but it definitely can be done.  You have to melt the snow (fat) from the mountain before you can see the peaks and valleys show through.  AFTER I melted my snow, that’s when the real progress began for my abs.  It’s all about reverse crunches and regular crunches with WEIGHTS. 

I do 4 sets with 15 reps of reverse crunches on a flat bench with 25 lb. ankle weights (12.5 lbs) each leg.  (Google - reverse crunches for example videos and photos.)  This works my lower and upper abs and everything in between.  I hold a 35 or 40 lb. dumbbell on my chest for 4 sets of 15 reps on regular crunches. 
Don’t assume that your abs will never come out and play, you just have to get rid of the extra insulation first.  I’m happy to say that my muffin is gone for good.  I don’t eat them, so I won’t be wearing them!

~ You bought it.  You can eat it, but do you really want to wear it in the morning? ~  Post-it note on Bill Phillips’ refrigerator (Body for Life)



3 comments:

  1. I'm so gonna start doing your ab workouts!! Thanks for sharing!

    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i've just stumbled upon your blog via your comment on Toca's website and looooove reading about you (no, i wont turn into a stalker!!)
    I am 47 and find it hard to get definition. i would love to have a body like yours i think you look awesome and young! I am training hard but not getting good results. I have a few questions if thats ok? !!
    how tall are you?
    have you had kids?
    what weights are you lifting? we work in kilos here in Australia so i'll convert your lbs.
    how long did it take
    do you take b/bilding supplements?
    are you working with any permanent injuries?
    thanks so much, i need all the help I can get
    cheers
    Amanda (Sydney, Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amanda. Send me an email to summergirl711@sbcglobal.net so I can answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete