Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

H-2-Oh…yeah!

By now, we all know the recommended amount of water that we should be drinking each day… eight 8oz. glasses.  In the past, I was lucky to drink one!  For us in the U.S., we have water at our disposal any time of any day.   So, why don’t we drink more of it?   Probably because compared to everything else that we drink, it has no “flavor”.  Waahh…

When your car says to use unleaded gas, would you put regular gas in it?  No, because you want it to run properly.  (Can you even get regular gas any more?)  Anyway, you get my point.  We want to run properly, don't we?  Because humans have no manual that comes with us when we’re born, we are at the mercy of adults to make wise decisions for us when we’re children, and hopefully we will make wise choices about our own health when we grow up.  The only instructions or manual that we have to go on is recommendations from doctors and results from health studies.  Still, most adults do NOT choose to drink nearly enough water. 


Since I changed my way of living (eating clean and weight training), I still have my morning cup of coffee, but have chosen only to drink water the rest of the day.  I drink around 3 liters a day and have no desire to go back to my diet sodas and juices.  I quickly got used to it. 


Here’s a link to a good article about WHY we should drink water:


My skin is better than it’s ever been and I feel fantastic!  Is it from all of the water that I drink?  I'm sure it's from the combination of all of the healthy choices that I have incorporated into my life, but water never gets enough credit…so yes, it’s the water!

1 comment:

  1. I drink tons of water!! Didn't used to be that way for me either. Diet Coke was IT for me!! Ack, that stuff is GROSS!!!
    Water becomes a habit just like anything else, you just gotta choose to drink it.

    xoxo
    Roxie
    www.cutebycomparison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete