Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Friday, October 29, 2010

I Do! Do you?


Why is it that most people are willing to make a commitment to be with another person when they haven’t made any kind of commitment to themselves for a healthy and fit life?  A lot of thought, time, money, and preparation goes into a wedding.  We should be planning our own healthy vow ceremony first.  Throughout life, people make promises, pledges, guarantees, and covenants.  For those of us that have made real commitments to our healthy selves, we’re probably in the minority.

Why don’t we respect our own bodies enough to commit to them before we’re willing to commit to anyone or anything else?  We’re worth it.  For some reason, we feel the need to discount our own health needs because of careers, relationships, families, and everything else that goes on in our lives.

We’re here now.  This (life) is NOT a dress rehearsal.  Don’t look back with regrets on not getting fit and healthy.  Personally, I have regrets in my life, but this is not one of them.  I only wish I had done it sooner.  If you have struggled with weight loss, eating, and being out of shape, I have to tell you that becoming fit and knowing “how” to eat healthy, is the best feeling in the world!  Commit to yourself.

1 comment:

  1. hi gwen, great post - too true. however, healthy commitments are just like marriages - some people are faced with temptation, sometimes unfaithful, you go through rough patches and good times. people even opt for divorces then want to commit again. great analogy! pity people dont take health vows as seriously as wedding ones (and i am guilty) i suppose the consequences dont seem as bad. just to let you know, i am not huge - i'm kind of skinny fat. look great in clothes (im 5ft 11 inches) but bum could look better in a bikini - thank god for the mini boardshorts !!!) cheers, Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete