Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Braking" Before the Finish Line!



I have three weeks left before my first NPC bikini show and I feel very much on track, but a little exhausted at the same time.  I’m giving my workouts and my meal planning one hundred and ten percent.  Because I’m on such a time crunch, I feel like I need to be at the gym every day and have read that most people prepping for a show do cardio at least two times a day!  My body is telling me, “Slow down…I’m sore and cranky!”  I know how important it is to give your body rest so that it can respond by building back stronger.  I feel guilty, but I took today off and ran errands, cooked, then just going to relax the rest of the evening so I can come back stronger.



I have to keep this in perspective.  This is NOT my entire life, even though I have been consumed with it for the last (soon-to-be) eight weeks.  This is my personal goal of walking on stage at an NPC bikini competition at 47 years old and trying to look the best I possibly can.  I’m looking forward to it, I feel good, and I’m excited about what I’ve accomplished so far.  J

3 comments:

  1. you are looking amazing, Gwen! I'm so excited to hear how your first comp goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, or don't, I have been following your blog and am always inspired by you. You look stunning! I did a figure show when i was 19 and placed 2nd overall. There were days when I just felt so exhausted I actually cried! I had to remind myself this was a choice and to enjoy it every step of the way. I keep a journal and would look back at the beginning days of the process and read how excited I was, that would usually spark the motivation back. You look absolutely stunning and the fact you are 43 is even more incredible. Good luck! Keep up the incredibly hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte and Hayley for the kind words. I wish I was 43 again, Hayley...I'm actually 47 now. Yikes! I guess that's why I feel so strongly about this competition because it's on my bucket list. :)

      Thank you for following my blog.

      Delete