Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Turning Back Now!

My first show is less than two weeks away now!  I've been at this thing (training like a freak) for 8 weeks now and I feel a little worn down, but so excited for this competition.  My diet is a LOT of protein and veggies and a small amounts of complex carbs, no fruit for the next 10 days, definitely NO sugar, and a gallon of water a day.


It feels good to know that I have, and am still doing, EVERYTHING in my power to look the best that I can.  I also feels good to see the changes that I've made so quickly!  Entering this NPC show is such a great goal for me because it lit a fire under me that forced me to do what I had to do to get in shape in only ten weeks.  Trust me...knowing that I'm going to be on stage in a very small bikini right in front of judges looking at every inch of me, not to mention people in the audience, has forced me into high gear when it comes to working out and eating clean. 


~ Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain. ~
  Vivian Greene




11 comments:

  1. O.M.G. You look insanely good. I can't wait to see the trophy you bring home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm sure the competition is fierce and I'm hoping that they'll put me in the "masters" division so I won't be lumped in with you 20-something hotties. Lol!

      Thank you, Kyra. :)

      Delete
  2. wow gwen you are looking fab-u-lous !!!! you have achieved alot in 8 weeks!! imagine what you will do in the next 2 weeks! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda...I'm giving it my all!

      Delete
  3. So proud of you!!! Cannot wait to see you on stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena. You know this is all your fault! Lol!!
      This has been an exhilarating process and I'm glad that you encouraged me to compete. :)

      Delete
  4. Gwen, you have been my inspiration since the beginning, almost 2 years ago. You look amazing still and I'm so impressed with your dedication and loyalty to yourself.

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Roxie! I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job!!!! You look FANTASTIC and are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your before and after picture, is that 8 weeks of progress? If so, amazing!! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was 8 weeks before and after. It looks like someone poked me with a pin and let the air (fat) out!

      Delete