Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My teacher, my motivator, & my inspiration.






Since celebrating my two year anniversary of my transformation, I thought it would be appropriate (and fun) to see the person that was responsible for motivating, inspiring, and teaching me how to transform my body…Tosca Reno, the author of The Eat Clean Diet book (among several others).  I met her last year at The Arnold Classic in Columbus and knew I had to see her again in person at this year’s show. 

I took a revised copy of my success story and my Eat Clean Diet Cookbook for her to sign.  I waited in line to see her at her booth and thought that I would just give her a quick hello and another “thank you”.  I began telling her how much she has helped change my life, but it suddenly became very emotional and I was overcome with tears.  I’m not a pretty cryer, so I tried really hard to quickly compose myself.  I told her what her book has done for me, and how much my life has changed because of her powerful words.  She was so sweet and kind listening to me, that I felt like I was the ONLY one there with her at a convention center filled with thousands of bodybuilders and athletes.  Tosca is a class act all the way.

One might think just changing what you eat is no big deal, but it is.  I committed myself to a new life the day that I read her book.  She has taught me so much more than just what to eat, but how to live fit and healthy for the rest of my life.  I will be forever grateful to her for that.  J


7 comments:

  1. I love the pics! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh my gosh I can only imagine what those few minutes were like for you to be standing next to Tosca and pouring your heart out......So happy for you, I hope that one day I get a chance to meet Tosca in person and thank her for being such an inspiration to all of us........: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, are you that cut looking everyday? you look fantastic!!!! how often do you do cardio in a week? do you follow the BFL regime to a "T"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool, for you and for her. How amazing would it be to everyday have people tell you how much you changed their life? Let's keep doing what we're doing and hopefully we can change the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anonymous...Thank you so much! This is how I look now all the time. I did have a few people comment to me at the show that I looked "contest ready", but I don't compete and don't plan to. This is just how I look from eating clean and weight training. I did get my weight training basics from Body for Life and still use a majority of the weight training techniques that Bill Philips teaches in the book.

    Thegetinshapegirl - love your blog! Keep on keepin' on. girl. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gwen, you look amazing!!! I love the pics of you and Tosca! Wish we could have met that day, but I have a feeling we will someday.

    Love ya girl!!!
    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Roxie! We will meet...even if it's the next Arnold...? I appreciate all of your nice compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete