Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

This = that...hello!!


I went to see a matinee yesterday afternoon.  I like going to the theater to see movies because it’s a whole different feeling watching it on the big screen rather than watching it at home with distractions.  Plus, I love smelling the buttered popcorn when I walk in.  (Key word – “smelling”.)

This visit to the theater was SO disturbing for me.  I have NEVER witnessed such obese people in my life!  Most of them were waddling from side to side, limping around, scooting their feet, riding a scooter, or dragging an oxygen tank behind them!  No, this was not a Wal-Mart, but a regular movie theater in the Midwest.  God forbid any of them forgot to buy the BUTTERED POPCORN, CANDY, and a COKE!  Oh yes, they definitely had armfuls of that.

Now, let me clarify…I used to eat all of that.  Yes, the popcorn, candy, and a “diet” coke (?).  I finally woke up!  I understand now that the buttered popcorn, candy, and sodas = FAT!!!!  Pure FAT!!!  I choose not to have that become part of my body.  People spend multi-billions of dollars on diet and weight loss programs.  How about NOT spending a penny by NOT buying crap food so the FAT won’t be inside of you?

This may sound super harsh, but it made me mad and sad for people who just don’t get it and don’t care about themselves or us.  “WE” pay over $270 BILLION per YEAR from the effects of obese Americans.  Yes, we live in a free country and we all have free will, but come on!  Let’s make the correlation and be honest with ourselves…EATING FAT = BEING FAT!!!

Rant over…have a nice day!


   


9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. What irritates me is when the same people you are talking about then look at me and say, "Oh you must still be doing your diet thing." Nope- no diet here! Some of these people are in my own family and I love them dearly, but frankly am sick of the comments like, "You can't live like that forever. That isn't a sustainable diet." HAHAAHA....I can't live on clean whole unprocessed foods, which I eat 5-6 times per day? Hmmm...." They say this to me as they spoon more fat, grease, sugar laden garbage into their mouths. I just smile and walk away. All harshness aside, some people will just never ever get it but continue to wonder why they don't feel good, don't look good, and have another doc appointment to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LCWRIGHT - I couldn't agree more. My family says the EXACT same stuff to me (God love them). Another thing that is sad is obese people who think the ones who devote so much time to eating healthy and exercise are being selfish with an "all about me" attitude. But I think it's the other way around. When you have a ton of health issues that could have been prevented by proper diet and exercise, and your family has to take care of you, watch you suffer, or worse, see your life taken too soon, all because you wanted to eat whatever you wanted without a care.....THAT is selfish! I plan on being around to play with my grand children and great grandchildren, and hopefully inspire some people to get healthy along the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post Gwen, and it couldn't have come at a better time. My Father just had a heart attack on Valentine's Day (also his B-day), is laden with Diabetes, and smokes 3 packs a day!!!

    He is overweight, has always eaten the wrong stuff, and is now paying for it. They are taking care of his heart, but he's got to watch everything he eats cuz he has to take insulin now for his Diabetes. He is also having a hard time breathing still cuz of the smoking.

    This crap has got to stop people!!! Wake up! What Gwen has said is true! Stop eating fat, it's making you fat!! And when you become fat, you become severely unhealthy and along comes numerous illnesses and diseases.

    It's kinda frustrating to see how many obese people are in our Country. Tosca is onto something with eating clean. It has changed my life and my Diabetes for good! I can NEVER go back to my old eating habits....NEVER!!! Simply put, I will die!

    Thanks Gwen for letting me talk about my Father and what I know is to be true.

    Love you girl!!!
    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly the same as my own father...very sad to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen,

    I am in LOVE with your no "nonsense" posts. I get so disgusted and even feel sick when I witness unhealthy/obese people filling their bodies with even more garbage. Yes, what you say IS harsh, because it's the TRUTH!! Obviously some people aren't getting the message when it's been sugar-coated (pun intended). Taking care of bodies seems like such a simple choice to make. Unfortunately, at the end of the day we can only be responsible for ourselves and our own health. If we could change the world, we would! But we're only human. When you eat clean and exercise you are leading by example, and I'm afraid that's all we can do, as frustrating as it is, particularly when it's your loved ones who are sabotaging themselves!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a troubling but very important subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I was just at Disney where 13,000 women had for one reason or another, completed a half marathon. To some that is no big deal, to some a major feat. But 13,000 women ran, yet the parks were still filled with majorly obese adults of all ages in scooters because they can't put one foot in front of the other to WALK around disney with their children. I thought 13,000 was a lot while I was in that crowd, but it's just a very, very, very small percentage of the world. ughhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fit and healthy people are in the minority in our country. I hear you!

    ReplyDelete