Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Monday, March 14, 2011

A State of Mind


I just returned from a trip to Texas.  (Yes, it is bigger!)  Not only did I thoroughly enjoy my visit and love the DFW area, but I’m seriously considering relocating there.  That’s another story.  For now I want to reflect on thoughts during my trip.

As I sat at the airport, I noticed how busy it was with spring breakers.  Pretty soon summer vacations will be in full swing as well.  People will be dispersing all over the country and the world to see things that they have never seen before, done before, or just try to relax and forget about the day-to-day grind.  No matter what your plans are or will be, plan for your healthiness on your trip as well.  I know, it doesn’t sound as fun as having margaritas and mai-tais on the beach, ship, or by the pool.  But, just because you’re in a different location doesn’t mean that you need to freak out and forget everything that you’ve learned and worked so hard for.  You’re still going to be in that same body when you return home.

Because of my new healthy mind, that’s my first priority when planning a trip.  Some of the things I consider are…does the hotel have a gym or gym close by?  Does my room have a refrigerator or microwave in it?  Are there grocery stores within close proximity of the hotel?  What’s the restaurant situation?  All of these things are critical when you are choosing what to put into your body and choosing how you would like to look and feel for the rest of your life.  Sometimes I do look like part of the Beverly Hillbillies clan coming back to my hotel with giant bags and bottles from the store, but I’m the one in charge of this body, so who cares!

Before you pack your bags this year, make a mental note of how you can give yourself a healthy vacation so you can have many more in the years to come.  Try not to completely lose your mind and focus when you’re in a different environment and think that your body doesn't matter anymore.  Living healthy and fit truly is a state of mind...continue to live that lifestyle no matter where you are in this big world.

5 comments:

  1. Love your new post Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! Last time I flew they inspected my bag (because I had an ice pack) and they probably thought I was so weird for flying with tofu. But you can't expect me to actually eat airport food, can you?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course not, getinshapegirl. We gotta do what we gotta do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post Gwen. You are so inspirational! Love Dallas FTW also. I live only about 3 hours from there so I go a few times a year. You look amazing! Keep up the awesome work. I am following in your footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete