Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Never give up!


I’ve said this many times, but the power of your mind is the sole conductor of your own train.  You tell your body what to do, good or bad.  How you control your thinking is the key to weight loss and becoming healthy and fit…yes, the power of the mind.  No one said it’s easy, but it definitely can be done.  I know from my own experiences over the last two years. 

The same can be said in other areas of your personal and professional life.  Keep a positive mindset, stay focused on the big picture, and never give up.  Sometimes it’s easy to say, but not so easy to do.  I have gone through a career related roller coaster in the last few years and always wondered if I would ever find my professional sweet spot again.  I decided to treat my job search like my own body transformation.  I tried (super hard) to stay positive; I stayed focused on the big picture which is the career that I used to have and wanted back so badly again; and I was persistent and never gave up my continuous hunt for it.  I’m happy to say that it’s finally paid off and I just got hired back in the broadcasting industry.  I’m over the moon with excitement and gratefulness.  Once you’re out of that field for a while, it’s really hard to get back into, but I was in a relentless pursuit to find the right fit for me again and never gave up.    

Because of my body transformation, I know that I can do anything that I set my mind to.  You can too.  Keep your focus and decide that YOU are the one in control of your own destiny…YOU.  Never let this world or your surroundings dictate what your future will be.  You can mold the direction of your future by your own thoughts, your own actions, and NEVER give up on yourself…never.  

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...you are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe nice post summer. It can relate on so many different levels. I have been having relationship problems lately. And your post just jumped out at me in that respect. Also in health and future. Thanks for the tidbit in motivation, i need it today. I will not give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, Gwen!! I have been thinking the very same thoughts this week. I'm a grad student and I have come up against some very serious and daunting hurtles, particularly within the past while as I draw closer to the end of my degree. It can be hard to stay positive when all you want to do is give in because you think you can't do something, or you're not good enough. But then I think about what I have achieved personally through clean eating and exercise over the past few months, and my hope is renewed for other aspects of my life! I think to myself "well if I could loose over 20lbs (when I never thought that would be possible), I sure as hell can do this!!"

    Thanks for your awesome posts! I love reading and relating to them I like knowing there are others out there on the journey to optimal health and happiness who encounter the same kinds of obstacles and struggles as I do. Keep 'em coming girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly can't accomplish goals by giving up and doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you- I needed this today.

    p.s. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'm not giving up on this blog either, just a bit slower to post than usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Gwen, and congratulations are in order girl!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you and all the goodness that is coming to you since transforming your body.
    You are a true inspiration to so many, and I for one, hope you continue to blog for a long time.
    I love your thought provoking posts and am forever grateful to you for walking the path and your willingness to share your story.

    Lots and lots of love,
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 16, 2011

    I found your blog from the Kitchen Table and I am so glad to have read your positive posts! I keep struggling with positive thinking and practice it every day but some days are really hard. Thank you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete