Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sugar in the bowl or on your thighs...what's your DESIRE?


It’s that time of year again…a plethora of holiday candy available everywhere.  I’ve noticed desks and cubicles with bowls filled with red and green Hershey’s Kisses, M&M’s, and peppermints.  My older sugarholic self would’ve been a user and supplier of these yummy holiday treats, but my new self is over the temptation, desire, and addiction to eat those beautiful blubber contributors. 

When, and if, it comes up in conversation that I no longer eat sugar and/or candy, people always say, “Oh, I could never do that.”  Well, I didn’t think I could either, but it depends on how bad you want it.  For me, this was something that I knew that I had to do for my health.  I had the desire to do it and I did it.  Was it easy?  Heck no!  It’s one of the hardest things that I have ever done.  The first month off the stuff, I was having real withdrawals!  I thought I was losing my mind and I wanted it so bad that’s all I thought about.  That feeling did go away shortly after and I’m so glad that I actually did it.  I’m off candy and sugar!  As I have stated before in other posts, I no longer have migraines, the added weight, and the feeling of constantly being tired. I had the desire to live truly “sugar-free” and have made it happen for almost two years now. 

If it doesn’t mean that much to you, you’re not going to do it…just like anything else in life.  You have to have the drive and desire.  It may not sound like much to those who don’t have weight issues or a real addiction to sugar like I did, but if you really want to give up the “white powder” decorated in pretty packaging, you absolutely can.  Do you have the DESIRE?

~ Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything. ~ Napoleon Hill

3 comments:

  1. I have the desire and drive for sure, I don't even crave candy OR sugar in my coffee anymore, THAT is a miracle!!
    Love this lifestyle, thanks for always inspiring!

    xoxo
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have suffered severe migraines for years! Just 3 weeks of eating clean and I have not had one. I don't know why I did not want to look at my eating habits for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for no more migraines!!! It's amazing what eating clean will do. It's been right in front of us the whole time. Congrats and I'm crossing my fingers for you to not suffer from them any more. :)

    ReplyDelete