Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Comfort Foods. Really?


Since the holidays are coming fast and so is the cold weather, I’ve seen a lot of recipes in magazines and on TV that they’re calling “comfort foods”.  Just this morning a lady on the Today Show was making a dish that had 2 cups of heavy cream in it.  She called this a “comfort food” holiday dish.  Is the prerequisite for comfort food cream, sugar, butter, and any ingredient that is fattening?  I think the only person that is comfortable from this kind food is the person who is making it.

According to Wikipedia, the term "comfort food" refers to foods consumed to achieve some level of improved emotional status and food that brings some form or measure of comfort, sense of well-being, or easy satisfaction.

Shouldn’t it be called miserable food?  That’s how your going to feel after you’ve eaten it!  You’re not going to feel so comfortable having to unbutton your jeans because they’re too tight…not so comfortable feeling that extra roll of fat hanging over the top of your pants…and not so comfortable with your back boobs rolling out beneath your bra strap!

Beware of the so-called “comfort foods” this season that could leave you feeling miserable.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gwen, I totally agree with you. we've just come out of winter here and there's no "comfort" in bikini shopping for summer when you havent eaten clean. The good thing this winter in Oz was that tight skinny jeans tucked into boots were the fahion so that kept me in check. Its a hard mindset to overcome when your'e tired and worn out at the end of the day and you think to yourself that you need a cuppa and some comfort food and a veg out on the lounge coz you deserve it. Its a constant mind battle. Did you have to overcome this during your transfomation? How did you do it? Cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, have vegged out and lounged after some really bad food in the past. I changed my way of thinking, behaviors, and my old routine. My attitude towards food now is for fuel only and what I "need" to live healthy.

    ReplyDelete