Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Get REAL!!




I have never tried to hide my hatred or total disgust for cigarettes.  Besides the terrible stench that they produce, and the fact that they ARE cancer sticks, it reveals the people who don’t value their own body, life, and the same for others around them.  Years ago, I saw a poster from the American Cancer Society with a photo of a woman smoking a cigarette. She had giant oozing sores all over her skin.  The poster said…Would you still smoke if the outside of your body looked the same as the inside?  It’s obvious that most smokers are in denial because they can’t SEE the actual damage that they’re doing to their lungs and the rest of their internal organs. 

The same thing is true for consuming fat and junk.  It definitely tastes good, but because you can’t see yellow fat blobs under your skin or what it’s actually doing to your insides, denial is there as well.  If I could design a new poster for healthy eating, it would say…Would you still eat junk food if your skin was transparent?  The photo would show an unhealthy overweight person with yellow fat surrounding their heart and organs.  Fat would be bulging under the skin and stretching it to full capacity. 
Whether you see a real smoker’s black lung or a real blob of human fat, that “reality” check actually does work to get some people to quit smoking or quit eating junk.  No matter what your crutch is, face reality and run from denial.  The truth really WILL set you free!  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gwen,
    You look amazing, you must be very proud of your transformation. You worked hard and you deserve all the credit.
    How did you figure out your portion sizes when you first started? I know you should measure by the size of your hand/fist but sometimes this can be deceiving because I either eat too much or too little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    You can weigh your food out to approx. 4-6 oz. at first so you can get the size in control. Now, I just eyeball my protein & veggies each to the size to my fist or a tennis ball and the palm of my hand for complex carbs. After you do it for a while, you will be able to look at it and give or take a little. Small plates work well too. 6 small non-processed meals a day, cutting out sugar, and a great workout routine will do it. It's not always easy, but totally worth it!
    Best wishes to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to not be fat girl

    ReplyDelete