Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A bad name...



The other day I caught a doctor on TV plugging his new a “17-day” diet.  The host said that everyone was talking about it!  Hmm…17 days huh?  No wonder diet fads fail and crazy diet plans give the word DIET itself a bad name.  According to MiriamWebster.com, the definition of the word DIET means -

a:  food and drink regularly provided or consumed
b:  habitual nourishment
c:  the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
d:  a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

Where does it say that diet means deprivation?  The word diet for me is a lifestyle.  When people ask me what I eat and I tell them that I eat clean (non-processed foods) they usually say, “Oh, you’re on a diet?”  I tell them that it’s a lifestyle.  It is a set diet with no deprivation.  It's really all about eating and WHAT you eat, not about what you don’t. 

Get over the word and just live the healthy and fit lifestyle with no deprivation.  Let’s call it a LIVET!


No comments:

Post a Comment