Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween candy...trick, not treat!

Ok, it's here again…the Halloween candy!  We’ll all be passing it in the stores for the next month.  Those huge bags of "fun size" Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Kit Kat, M&M’s, etc!  Yum!  In the past, I would buy several bags so it would “look” like I was buying it early before it was all gone.  Right, you know what happened!  I would break into those bags and go back and buy more again and again.  After all, they are "fun size"!
Being a self-admitted sugarholic, it's not smart for me to buy any of it because I KNOW I will eat it!!  If any of you have ever read the book Sugar Busters, then you know what sugar really does to your system...gross!  But, the taste of candy used to be heaven to me.  I’m sure everyone has noticed that a lot of candy bags say "FAT-FREE” on them.  Yes, it IS fat-free because it's all sugar.  Sugar and fat are not the same.  Sugar turns into fat (cellulite, blubber, pounds, muffin-tops) once it's inside of you!  
If we stop and think about all the hard, sweaty workouts that we have endured because of those stupid decisions to eat candy in the past, (snickers, twix, skittles, etc.) hopefully you can STOP, DROP, & ROLL (or run) away from those candy bags that bombard us when walking into stores.  Yes, it tastes good, but do you really want to wear it under your skin?
I love Halloween, but I had to 100% stop the candy.  Fair warning…this year, watch out for the treats that really are the tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment