Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mind Over Fatter...

After getting over sugar addictions and making the choice to change the way we eat and look, many innocent thoughts can change the direction of our journey.  As most of us have experienced, the biggest battle in a new healthy lifestyle is all in our minds.  It’s not that we don’t want it bad enough or that our intensions aren’t good…it’s that most people (including myself) sabotage all of the good efforts by letting that little pop-up evil inner voice convince us to eat junk again or skip workouts. 
What actually helps me fight the inner evil voice is saying my opposition out loud.  I know it sounds crazy, but it has worked for me for well over a year now.  When I find myself heading toward that candy or cookie isle that I feel magnetized to, I will say, “No…I like the way I look now better than that will taste” or “I know it tastes good but I don’t want to wear it.”  I figure I’ve had the opportunity to eat all of that junk for most of my life and it hasn’t gotten me anywhere but fat and sad!
It’s not rocket science, but it is a fact…eating clean and working out will get you in the best shape of your life.  Keep that vision of how you want to look and feel in your thoughts every day.  Stay strong and don’t play mind games with yourself.  

~ A man is but the product of his thoughts.  What he thinks, he becomes. ~
Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment