Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Need an Expert? Become Your Own!



I consider myself an expert in my field.  Am I a certified personal trainer?  No.  Am I a registered dietitian?  No.  Am I trained chef?  No.  I am NONE of these things, but definition of an expert means:
Ex·pert  - A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.
Ok…I do have a high degree of skill and knowledge of eating clean, cooking healthy, weight training, and workouts.  I've been doing this for several years now, so yes, I DO consider myself an expert! 

Because I wanted to change my body from the inside out, I educated myself on the proper food or “fuel” for my body first.  After I got that down, I focused on the proper way to lift weights and what muscle groups each worked. I did this through many different avenues…online, videos, books, and magazines.

But, if you really want to get to KNOW an expert, talk to a professional bodybuilder.  Now, I’m not saying that this would be the healthiest way to live the rest of your life, (it is very strenuous on your body over time) but if anyone knows how to control the way that their body looks with food and weight training, it’s them!  They truly are the experts on how to manipulate the human body with protein, carbs, weights, and cardio.  They have mastered it to the “T”!  They know exactly what to do, and when to do it, to make their body look and perform the way that they need it to.

For anyone who feels like they have not mastered it just yet and still feels like it’s a guessing game or that you’re just flailing through life trying to make sense of the eating and exercise game, become your own expert.  Do this by educating yourself on how to properly fuel your body with non-processed healthy foods, how to properly workout with weights and cardio, and how to sculpt your body into how you want to shape it.  

YOU become the expert of YOUR own body inside and out.
Take charge, learn, know, and DO! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment