Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Did It!


Ten weeks ago, I decided to compete in my first ever NPC Bikini competition, the Ronnie Coleman Classic.  At that time, I couldn't even imagine how I was going to pull it off in such a short period of time.  I had at least 10 pounds to lose, muscle to gain, and dimples to make disappear.  So, I set my goal on the calendar, made my nutrition and workout plan, and jumped in with both feet.  During that ten weeks, I felt overwhelmed and exhausted a few times, but kept pushing on.  I saw immediate changes because of my very strict diet and my muscles began to return and respond quickly.  If you read my previous post, I had a major issue to deal with in the very last week with my mother's accident.  I had to adjust my schedule and do the best that I could under the circumstances, but didn't feel good about my last prep week.  

As you can see from the photos, I made it through the competition and took home the 4th place trophy for the Masters division (45+)!  I'm so happy, not only to have accomplished my goal, but to have actually walked away with a trophy!   

The whole experience was unbelievable.  Being a part of that show was so beyond what I thought I would ever do.  It's definitely a different world.  Competing turned out to be quite expensive with everything involved.  Never the less, I feel fantastic and do not regret it for one minute.  It was truly a great experience and it pushed me to a level I never knew I had in me.  

No matter how old you are, make things happen for yourself.  You are in charge of YOU.  If you want it, go for it!  :)

6 comments:

  1. A HUGE Congrats to you!!! You should be so proud. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. diveshadesApril 02, 2012

    Congratulations! How many competitors were in your division? Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gwen, I just LOVE your blog. It always makes me smile and I love the honesty that shines through with every post. CONGRATULATIONS! You are one amazing lady, you showed that nothing can stop you. Blessing be with your mom and again, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment. Your journey has been very motivating. It would be great to get an insider look at your training. How'd you do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 19, 2012

    Congrats!!!! That is wonderful & so very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete