Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Four Weeks to Fit and Counting...

Well, here I am!  I started my fully committed “back to fit” journey just 4 weeks ago.  As you can see from the “before” photo, I was bloated from sugar and all the garbage that I ate over the holidays.  I felt so gross when I took the picture that day.  Now, four weeks later of eating clean (100%) and working out like a dog at the gym, I feel that I have made a huge improvement already.  I’m down 5 pounds and can see and feel my muscles returning.  There are still a few places that need improvements, like the back of my thighs, but I’m working so hard to get rid of a couple of dimples that popped up out of nowhere.  (I’m sure from the mountain of Kraft caramels that I ate last fall!) 

I’m only six weeks away now from my first NPC bikini competition.  I’m either crazy or…crazy!  Anyway, I’ve already proven to myself that I know HOW to do this.  I just had to believe in myself, set a goal, vision it, and DO IT!  That is where most people get lost, the “doing” part.  If you let your mind talk yourself out of it and make excuses, you will every time.  As I have always said to everyone else, don’t overthink it.  Plan it and do it.  Execution!  Make it happen for yourself because it doesn’t happen by itself or magically. 

These egg whites have helped me so much.  I highly recommend them.  You can add just about any clean food to them with some seasoning, pop them in the microwave, and you have a high protein great snack/meal.  ½ cup = 5 egg whites.  http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

I’m excited about my progress and feeling fit again.  Not only do I feel good physically, but mentally, ten times better!  When you start not being able to zip up your jeans and your clothing choices are fewer because of tightness and bulges, it’s so depressing and frustrating.
Eat clean 100% - DO IT
Work out with weights and cardio – DO IT
New fit and healthy body – OWN IT
I’ll continue to keep you posted on my progress and keep me posted on yours too.  


6 comments:

  1. Wow what a change in just 4 weeks!! Very IMPRESSIVE! Great Job! Now if I get serious, can this be me? I must try harder. Sugar is a major problem. Thanks for posting again it is so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so impressive. It is a bit scary taking the "before" photo. You are going to do an incredible job. Good luck on your journey and kick some ass come competition time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I had reservations about posting it, but I wanted everyone see how hard work does pay off. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. wooooow, its very great results, i lost my all dreams, i try back on tack, please keep posting :) , its very important to us, because support is everyting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Support is everything. I'll keep on posting! Thank you. :)

      Delete