Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Egg Mc-Minus-Muffin!

                    

So far, the first week and a half of my new (old eat clean) mind set has been great!  I've been hitting it hard in the gym and at home in the kitchen. I've formed my plan of attack for this competition that is now only 8.5 weeks away. Yikes! 100% absolutely no sugar, first and foremost. There's none to be found in my house; I'm limiting my fruit to very small amounts and only early in the day; only clean eating all the way now! 6 small meals a day - a protein, veggie, & complex carb. 

I found this little microwave egg muffin maker at Target. I used it today and love this little thing! It's going to be great for my mid morning and afternoon snacks (minus the muffin, of course). I used 3 egg whites, Mrs. Dash, salmon, quinoa, mushrooms, and spinach. 1:45 in the microwave and I have a very healthy, clean, protein-packed snack. Yummy!  

I'm going to take a progress picture this weekend and will post if it's not too gross!  Lol...  :)

4 comments:

  1. we don't get mrs dash in Sydney - what does it taste like/similar to? any carbs in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a seasoning with no salt or carbs.

      http://www.mrsdash.com/

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on getting back on track! AND for committing to doing a competition. You'll do great, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it going? Looking for your next post. How is your training going?

    ReplyDelete