Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Set the Stage!

What you’re doing now (today) sets the stage for everything else that follows in the next 11 months.  This includes your workout routines, eating habits, and your motivation.  If you set a strong foundation now, you can build on it the rest of the year and accomplish your fit and healthy goals toward a new body.
  •  For your workouts, make them part of your everyday routine.  Schedule them as you would a job or an appointment that you cannot miss.  I journal my workouts every day so I can track weights, times, and progress.
  • Make your eating (habits) routine as well.  After I started writing everything down in a journal, I have the ability now to look back at my progress and/or ways to improve, etc.  I write down the time (I eat every 2-3 hours), what I eat, and the protein grams.  I always try to eat my weight in protein.  I’m not concerned with calories because I eat clean which means no added bad fat or sugar.  (Everything in moderation, of course.)
  • Motivation.  What can I say?  This seems to be the biggest problem for everyone after a while.  A lot of people ask me how I stayed motivated through my transformation.  Honestly, I just kept doing it and when I started seeing actual changes in the mirror, it forced my motivation to a new level and propelled it forward.  If you can just get to that point, you will see what I’m talking about. 

MO = Make the most of an Opportunity to work out…
TI = Try not Ignore this decision that you’ve made…
VA = Validate what you wish to Achieve
TION = Take Initiative On a New way of life.

This time next year when the curtain opens, you will be so thankful that YOU took charge, that YOU made it happen, that YOU were in control of your body, and that YOU set the stage in January.  Do it now!  

6 comments:

  1. Just found your site from Eat Clean Diet and I have to say congrats! You look amazing. I am trying to get on track so I thought I would follow you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KDinOK! Welcome...and I hope I'm successful in helping to inspire and motivate you towards your fit and healthy goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what Gwen? I'm doing it! When my curtain opens, I'm gonna shine! I'm so happy for this new life, and along with it, comes great friends like you!
    Thanks for being there for me, you motivate me more than will ever know.

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi gwen, great post. do you have any favourite recipes you could share? cheeres, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure...I'll dig up a couple and make that my next post! Thanks Amanda.

    ReplyDelete