Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Look ma'...no hands!!



As I’ve said before, the gym is my therapy.  While I’m working out, I focus on my routine, form, physical goals, and thoughts in general.  I don’t really pay attention to what or who is around me unless there is continuous grunting or loud noises…not uncommon for a few meatballs in the gym.  However, I couldn’t help but notice most people in front of me the other day when I was on the stairmaster.  At least seven people were hanging and/or leaning on their equipment.  It’s like the equipment was actually holding them up! 

Hey, I’m exhausted after ten minutes on the stairmaster and feel like leaning on it, but I want to do the work and exert all of my effort so that I can get the most results from my energy on that machine. Whatever machine you choose to use, choose the right speed so that you don’t feel the need to lean on it.  Leaning on the machine is not going to get you where you want to be.  Stand up straight and feel the full range of motion that will utilize all of your muscles so you can get the best results.

If you’re actually holding a conversation, then you’re not working out hard enough.  If you’re reading while you’re exercising, you’re probably not utilizing that machine like you should be.  Put in real effort, sweat, and feel your heart pumping!  Don’t waste your time after you’ve actually made the time to get to the gym and commit to working out.  It’s called “working out” for a reason.  It’s definitely not easy, but so worth the trouble, commitment and end results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment