Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...


…MAKE LEMONADE!!

 
Since being back in my hometown still taking care of my mother, I’ve had to “make do” with what is available here.  Typical of most small Midwest towns, it doesn’t have a lot to choose from, unless you want to drive 50 miles to the city.  I did find a gym that has been ok and I’ve made it work for me.  Unfortunately, since it’s a small-town gym, they CLOSED it down for a week while the owners are on vacation.  Hey…everyone deserves a vacation, (I live for them) but I need to work out!  I decided that I wouldn’t use the gym being closed as an excuse to NOT work out. 

I went out to my high school that I have not been back to in 30 years!!  That was strange.  I ran 3 miles on the newly improved track, sprinted intervals, hit the field for pushups, and climbed the 58 bleacher steps 10 times.  It turned out to be a great workout and I really liked being outside. 

Yesterday I needed to do my arm workout.  Hmm…I had to get creative.  I weighed a gallon of water which was 8.5 pounds; not really enough weight for me, but then I found the anchor!  My mom had an old boat anchor (don’t ask me why) in her garage.  It was 14 pounds and looked almost like a Kettlebell.  I worked out with that and it was actually pretty good!  I also bought some resistance bands and Googled workout videos for them.  They seem to work ok too. 

Hey, when you are really serious about staying fit and maintenance on your body, don’t let anything get in your way.  No gym…no problem!  Find things and make it work.  J




2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! So true, the world is our gym :) I love summer time because of that reason, you can go run bleachers, do track sprints, hike, and use random things to lift lol Thanks for the post Gwen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! The world IS our gym and random can be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete