Before and after

Before and after
Before...eating junk, no exercise and feeling terrible. After...eating "clean", weight training, cardio and feeling amazing 19 years later.

30 years ago I was in the path of an unhealthy future due to my poor food choices and no exercise. Eating Clean cleansed the inside of my body and I sculpted the outside with weight training. Now 48 years old, I'm in the best shape of my life. It's never too late to change your body and your life!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Suck it in or suck it up?

Last night I went out to a local club.  It was something that was not planned and the invitation came very unexpectedly.  No big deal right?  Well, for those of us that have had weight issues in the past, it can be a bid deal and an emergency/freak-out situation!  You think… ~Oh geez, how do I hide the pooch…Do I have a big jacket…I look too fat in this…Oh god, I don’t have anything to wear…I look terrible…I’m just staying home.~  We’ve all done it.  Most of us have “skinny” clothes that we hope to fit into and “fat” clothes that we wear because they fit. 

As I reached into my closet and pulled out a couple of choices of what to wear, it hit me…everything fits, I’m not in panic mode and I “know” that I will look and feel great in the clothes that I decide to wear.  There was no sucking in and folding over flabs of skin as I buttoned, hooked, and zipped things up.  There were no girdle type undergarments needed for any pooch and there were no back boobs bulging out.  I cannot tell you how great it feels after putting in all of the work on my body to not have to worry about all of that “extra baggage” and how to hide it! 

Face the facts…undergarments, like the one above, are out there for everyone trying to conceal the pooches, flab, and folds that we know we need to get rid of for good.  Besides being very hot and very uncomfortable, they're just hiding the truth…the truth of knowing what needs to be done to rid your body of fat.  You can continue to keep “sucking it in” for last minute plans, photos, skinny clothes, and the mirror, but eventually you have to let it out.  If you want to get rid of those “fat” clothes for good, do what it takes, don’t deviate from your plan, and MAKE IT HAPPEN to shape your new body.  You’ll be ready for any unexpected plans with no “freak-out”.  Suck it up now and do what needs to be done so you won’t have to keep sucking it in!     

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad for you that you are now where you don't need those undergarments. Great for you and well done.
    I have never wore those because I always felt like a cheat for even considering it but never got so far as to buy one for me. Nowadays I am happy that I don't need them at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to own a few to hide my fat....oh yes ~ but no more...gone forever...given to someone else who wants to hide her fat....
    I also love being able to put on clothing and know its okay,....a feeling I never want to lose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had the hide it undies but let me tell you i have gone to one much bigger extream the forget it just stay at home and hide it plan of attack. I am so sick of not living life and hidding summergirl you always have amazing posts that get me thinking and i am so thankful for that you are one amazing lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it's a GOOD problem to have when your underwear are too big for you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. rock on Gwen!!!!! however, next time show us a piccie - would love to see how you look, what you were wearing xxxx

    ReplyDelete